Solar panels are PV panels (photovoltaic panels). They convert sunlight into electricity. An inverter transforms the electricity from the battery or directly from the solar panels into AC electricity which can be used for your home or fed into the grid. In most homes excess power created by your solar panels is fed back into the electrical grid, meaning your electricity provider may credit you on your next power bill. However, more and more homes are being fitted with solar batteries which store additional power for later use.
Our experts can help you determine the best choice for your budget and your energy usage.
Yes all of our high quality brands come with years of warranty. Speak to our experts to find out more.
Our CEC accredited experts will have a look at your home and business roof space along with the suns positioning through our aerial imagery software to determine if solar is right for you.
Whilst government rebates are still available, it’s better to act now.
The price has never been cheaper with the current government incentives for households! Once we have determined the size of the system needed for your property, we can give you an accurate quote. Prices start from as little as $3699 for a huge 6.6kW system fully installed! Price can be affected by a couple of factors:
- The type & number of solar panels which affect the output of your system in kilowatts (kW)
- The type & size of your inverter (the part that converts the electrical output of your solar panels to AC electricity for use in your home)
- The installation kit & any agreed after sales packages.
Yes! There are still government rebates available. They do reduce every year though, so now is the time to get your very own solar system!
This affected by a number of factors:
- Your energy consumption – If you use more than your system is capable of producing, you will see reduced savings.
- Usage patterns – Those using more electricity during the day will see greater savings. However, the more you work with your solar system, the more savings you will see – For example – Running your AC during the day and reducing nightly use, Running pool pumps during the day rather than overnight, ensuring your hot water system is charging during the day etc.
- The size of your solar system – Choosing the right size system to cover your energy consumption will ensure greater savings.
- Your Feed in Tariff (FIT) – This is the amount your electricity retailer pays you for any excess power your solar panels generate. <
A solar Feed in Tariff is a rate paid to you by your energy provider for any excess power you produce from your solar system and feed back into the grid. Each state across Australia has their own regulations surrounding this.
Yes! Every solar panel is covered by a manufacturer’s warranty between 5-25 years depending on the brand. There is also usually a performance warranty for up to 25 years! Every inverter comes with a warranty of 5-10 years depending on the manufacturer. Ultimate Solar Solutions also offer a 10 Year Workmanship Warranty for every single install we do! The industry standard is usually 5 years!
Yes! Solar panels use daylight, rather than sunlight to make energy. As long as there is light outside, your panels will work! They will however produce less electricity than on a bright sunny day.They will not produce power at night.
Being a ‘Grid Connected’ system, your solar system will automatically switch off for safety reasons during a blackout. It will reconnect once the power comes back online. This is best to protect the grid and your home.
It is always best to choose a company that is a Clean Energy Council (CEC) approved Installer! Ultimate Solar Solutions Pty Ltd is a CEC approved installer & we have signed the CEC ‘Solar PV Retailer Code of Conduct’ for approved retailers. This means we are committed to providing ethical sales & marketing activity & ensuring we use quality components. Our strength lies with our workmanship quality! We offer a 10 Year Workmanship Warranty with every single install – Most retailers offer between 2-5 years! We are a small family owned business who began our trade as electricians specialising in solar & electrical installs. After being sent out to jobsites and seeing the issues customers were having with the previous dodgy installers, we really saw an opportunity to get into the solar market and do things the right way! It’s also important to shop around and compare service & quotes! Talk to multiple retailers!
Yes! The Australian solar industry is well regulated and the CEC has an up to date list of currently approved solar panels & inverters. We will only use approved products from that list.
Yes! We have teamed up with Rate Setter. The process is simple and easy!
Call us on 1300 525 668 for more information, or visit our website at www.ultimatesolar.com.au